20 Trivia Questions for Kids (and How to Create a Kid’s Trivia Party)
If you’re stumped for ideas on how to theme your little one’s next birthday party or sleepover, then perhaps you might consider a kids trivia party! Kids trivia is bundles of fun, and hosting a kids trivia party is a great way to get their minds ticking.
To help you on your way we’ve pulled together a list of trivia questions for kids and a guide on how to create an epic kids trivia party. As they say, ‘the future belongs to the curious'!
Kids Trivia Questions
1. Question: What is the fastest land animal?
Answer: The Cheetah.
2. Question: How many sides does a triangle have?
Answer: Three. Question:
3. What is the closest star to Earth?
Answer: The sun.
4. Question: How many bones does a shark have?
5. Question: What school did Harry Potter attend?
6. Question: What is the longest river in the world?
Answer: The Nile.
7. Question: What country is home to the Giant Panda?
8. Question: What is the largest organ of the human body?
Answer: The skin.
9. Question: Which Australian state is home to ‘Uluru’?
Answer: Northern Territory.
10. Question: What is a Herbivore?
Answer: An animal that only eats plants.
11. Question: How many legs does a spider have?
12. Question: What is the capital of Germany?
13. Question: Who was the first Australian Prime Minister?
Answer: Edmund Barton.
14. Question: Which Australian state is home to the Great Barrier Reef?
15. Question: Where is the world’s first-ever surf life-saving club?
Answer: Bondi Beach.
16. Question: What are the primary colours?
Answer: Red, yellow and blue.
17. Question: What is a baby goat called?
Answer: A kid.
18. Question: What kind of fish is Nemo?
Answer: A clownfish.
19. Question: Which bones are babies born without?
20. Question: Who was the first person to stand on the moon?
Answer: Neil Armstrong.
How to Create a Kids Trivia Party
Prepare the Quiz
The key to throwing a successful kids trivia party is to make sure all your ducks are in a row ahead of time. Get together a to-do list and start checking off your tasks in preparation before the big event.
Firstly, you’ll want to decide on the kid's trivia questions you’d like to incorporate into the quiz - we’ve given you some great options above! Organise the questions into a trivia sheet for the kids and a master sheet with all of the answers for the host. Make sure you have some tie-breaker questions up your sleeve in the instance of a decider round. Feel free to mix it up and make this an interactive round with songs or video snippets to get the final trivia whizzes to guess the correct answer.
Organise Some Prizes
Once you have the trivia questions organised, you’ll want to make sure you have prizes for the winners. It’s a nice idea to not only have a grand final reward but also supplementary prizes for the other children, for example ‘most creative answer’, ‘runner up’ and participation awards.
Decorate the Space
To really get into the spirit of the kid's trivia party, some thoughtful decorations can really help create a fun vibe for the children. A theme is always a helpful way to give direction when it comes to decorating a space - the possibilities are endless! Here are a few thought-starters that could spark a theme: Disney, Carnival, Zootopia, Special Hats or even Glow In The Dark.
Once you’ve picked a theme or colour scheme, you can start to dress the area or ‘trivia room'. Feel free to let your imagination run wild with pillows, balloons, lights, cups and plates. Make sure there is space for the kids to sit comfortably and write out their answers. They’ll need pencils, an area to conceal their trivia sheet and a sturdy surface.
After you’ve organised the look and feel of the trivia room, you can then incorporate food and drinks into the theme. Allotting time for food and drink intervals can help break up the evening - make sure to have a menu planned ahead of time as well as plenty of snack options.
Get Ready to Host!
Select an adult to be the master of ceremonies to help corral the event. Set some ground rules for the trivia game and make sure all of the children understand how things will run. And now for the fun to start - let the kid's trivia party extravaganza begin!
Other Kid's Birthday Party Ideas
Have you signed up to our newsletter? Join ellaslist to get the best family and kid-friendly events, venues, classes and things to do NEAR YOU!