The Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan
- Mums & Bubs
Tell them ellaslist sent you:
The sensation of the late 18th century in the field of botany was the discovery of a new continent filled with exotic plants unknown to the rest of the world. The Australian Botanic Garden displays around 2000 of these, set in 416 hectares of hills and lakes. The Garden features outdoor sculptures, free gas barbeques, a restaurant and a gift shop which sells plants. The Australian Botanic Garden is a major event venue and the most popular visitor attraction in the Camden district.
The Garden is a place of beauty and a great adventure. There is plenty to do on your visit.
- Take a walk across 416 hectares of varying bushland, grassland and gardens.
- Head to the bird hide on Lake Nadungamba and see our spectacular birdlife.
- Let the little ones enjoy a few hours in the playground.
- Sample some sumptuous food from the restaurant.
- Book a picnic shelter for your next family get together.
- Check out the stunning wedding locations.
- Practice your photography skills with endless subject matter for the budding photographer.
- Speak to the visitor centre about joining one of the guided tours.
- Or just relax and unwind under one of our lovely trees.
Go flat out or lie flat out, your Garden has it all.
The Garden is open every day of the year. Hours of opening are:
Autumn, Winter and Spring – 8am to 5pm
Summer – 8am to 7pm
Cost of entry:
Entry to the Garden is FREE.
How to get there:
The Australian Botanic Garden is 57 km from the Sydney CBD, about 45 minutes drive from the city. Please see the directions below:
Car: from the east: from the M5 Motorway take the Narellan Road exit – Route 9. Take the right fork towards Camden/Narellan along Narellan Rd. Continue along Narellan Rd and turn left at the second set of traffic lights; from the west: Follow the Northern Road onto Narellan Rd at Narellan. Continue along Narellan Rd and turn right at traffic lights indicated by the brown tourist sign the ‘Australian Botanic Garden’.
Public transport: Take the train from Central Railway Station to Campbelltown Railway Station, then buses run between Campbelltown railway station and Camden via Mount Annan. Phone Busabout for information on 02 4631 4200. Please note that it is a 4km walk from the bus stop on Narellan Road to the Visitor Centre.
Directions and traffic conditions: For directions from your home to the Garden, and current traffic conditions, phone the Roads & Traffic Authority on 132 701 or visit Live Traffic NSW.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!