Stage School Australia
Stage School Australia supports children 4-18 years old as they discover a new world of performing, creativity and important life skills. Stage School Australia is very excited to be offering FREE audition classes across its exciting range of programs at a number of our regular venues.
These free classes are a great way to come along and experience the enjoyable and educational activities their program provides, meet the teachers and gain insight into the many benefits of performing arts. As Melbourne's Premiere Performing Arts program for kids, they provide dedicated classes in Musical Theatre, Drama, Boys Dance and Beginners OnStage. Bookings required as class sizes are limited.
Each program boasts an extensively developed curriculum combing a mix of on-stage and off-stage rehearsals and performances. They aim to foster self-confidence and public speaking skills in a group environment, as well as boost abilities through live performances.
Benefits of Performing Arts
The performing arts have well documented mental and physical health benefits for young people beyond the stage. Research proves that active participation in the arts positively impacts on young people in the following areas:
- Social and personal development
- Attitudes to learning
- Knowledge of the arts associated skills
- Competencies such as writing, communicating, problem-solving, planning, organising, perseverance and appreciation of teamwork
- Appreciation of the arts and culture in general
What’s on offer
- Wide range of classes for 4-18-year-olds – Drama, Musical Theatre or Boys Dance classes
- Develop successful life skills like confidence, communication and teamwork in a fun, inspiring way.
- Convenient locations across metro Melbourne.
- Structure and progression – Stage School’s hierarchy of courses offer the widest possible choice, and the most appropriate training, for all ages and levels of ability with the opportunity to progress through the organisation from beginner to advanced.
- Great Value – all weekly classes, workshops and costumes included.
- Perform on stage twice a year.
- Well Established – over 30 years of success.
- Highly Qualified, experienced teachers.
- Show Costumes from our vast, high-quality collection (no need to make or buy).
- Talent Agency – opportunity to join.
We truly believe that the skills developed in the performing arts provide a solid platform for young people to take on the world. While our programmes offer continued learning outside of school, the core of our philosophy is a focus on ensuring our students enjoy their experience and have fun.
“The arts have a beneficial effect on how confident and engaged children become as they grow into adulthood” - Michael Anderson, Professor of Education at the University of Sydney.
For more information, visit their website.
Tell them ellaslist sent you!